Friday, February 3, 2012

Cleansing

As I study and research more for the Pagan Blog Project, the more I become focused. I chose the topic “Cleansing”.  My research is from the book “The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells” by Judika Illes. One should cleanse their tools and items that they would use prior to rituals and spell castings to remove any residual spiritual energy. This is especially important when using tools and items for the first time, as you don’t know who may have handled them before you. According to Judika Illes, it is not necessary to cleanse certain items, such as candles and botanicals, because they do not retain the spiritual energies. Silver and Iron also do not require cleansing as they do not retain spiritual energies. (Curious. I will have to read more about that).
Also important is cleansing the ritual area and yourself. I like to be thorough. I would include my living space. Actually, I feel a presence in my apartment, and have ever since moving here in October of 2011. My dogs and cat have sensed this as well. Just last night as I was reading up on my chosen topic, my older dog Duke woke up from a sound sleep and walked over to me and pressed his entire body up against my leg and sat down facing the living room door. He was quivering a little. Since I do live in a small apartment, the best method for me to cleanse is with a technique called Asperging.  Asperging means to sprinkle an area with a liquid, usually with a botanical asperging tool. The most commonly used liquid is sea salt dissolved in rainwater. I would like to go the ocean and gather some in a jar. I read in the encyclopedia that it would be more powerful, especially if it was mixed with other ingredients.

2 comments:

  1. I did not know that about silver not needing cleansed! Interesting! Glad you shared that little gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you all the best for the asperging! I used to feel a presence in my flat, too, but it's been gone since the kitchen door broke last year (it's made of glass). While I don't understand why this is so, I'm quite glad not to feel "watched" anymore.

    ReplyDelete