Monday, February 20, 2012

Dreams

I have always believed that my dreams held messages. It was up to me to interpret the meanings. As a child, my favorite dream was that of flying. I could feel my spirit rise up and float over me. We lived in a house surrounded by woods and that was my stomping ground. I can remember how it felt to float around the outside of the house, all warm and cozy. The only thing I did not like was the return. I could never seem to control the descent. Now, I don’t fly, or at least I don’t remember if I do fly. But there have been other dreams. They are almost always in color. 

Since I had just recently moved, I am still trying to unpack. I have a couple of journals that I have written some of my more vivid dreams in which I wanted to share, and my interpretations of those dreams. Still, I have had a couple at the beginning of this year. 

Just before we began this project, Rowan Pendragon was beginning her series of readings from the Arch Angel Michael. This coincided with my mother becoming ill and having to go into the hospital. My brother and I would take turns staying with her. I sensed her time was near. One day around the beginning of January, I was home in my apartment lying down on my bed. It was still daylight. I was drifting in and out of sleep. In one of my semi aware states I heard AND felt this really low humming noise. I rolled over to look at my ceiling and saw a black winged figure slowly move over me. It actually looked bat-like. I remember that I did not feel frightened by this. However, I have not been able to bring myself to analyze my dream. As I said before, since Rowan was doing the messages from the Arch Angel Michael, I thought perhaps it was he who visited me. Soon after that dream, my mother passed away. 

About two days later I had another dream. This one was of my mother. They had placed my mother in a chair at home. (Her home) She was dead and not moving at all. I was sitting by her side as if I was either waiting for something or perhaps I was guarding her. When I looked over at her, she began to breathe again. She then got up out of the chair, walked over to a table and began to measure something with a measuring tape. I believe it was cloth. The colors were soothing, off whites, gold, silver and earthy browns.  I again woke soon after, but this time I was unsettled. My mother’s expression was one of resignation. I could see her, but she looked right through me. This dream too waits for an interpretation.

According to the two books I have currently, The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells by Judika Illes, and The Hidden Power of Dreams by Denise Linn, mugwort is used to produce dreams, even in those that claim they do not dream. Dreams aided by mugwort are said to be more vivid, intense, and frequent. “Mugwort is a member of the Artemisia family, botanicals named in honor of the Greek lunar deity Artemis. Artemis protects women, wild nature of all kinds, fertility and creativity, witchcraft and magic, and psychic ability. No other plant has more powerful associations with magic in general and dreams in particular.” (The Element Encyclopedia of 5000 Spells by Judika Illes)

Mugwort is not for everyone. It must not be used by pregnant women or those trying to become pregnant. It must not be given to children either. If one is to use this botanical, do your research first. If you can grow it, do so. It is best when you can have the living plant. If it does grow for you, the plant is indicating that it is willing to work with you. I myself am going to try to propagate it. 

Blessed Be gentle readers.  )O(


No comments:

Post a Comment